Page 18 - History of Rockingham Co
P. 18
A HISTORY OF

— —1899 April 18 Valley Telephone Company absorbed by the

Rockingham Mutual System.

— —1899 May 20 President McKinley in Harrisonburg-.
—1899 July 1— Rockingham County Medical Association or-

ganized.

1903—Nettie Gray Daingerfield publishes "That Dear Old

Sword.''

—1905 Harrisonburg Daily Times established,
— —1906 April Fravel Sash and Door Company moved to Har-

risonburg.

1906—J. C. Paxton builds lime kiln at Linville.
1907—J. W. Wayland publishes the "German Element of the

Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. '

—1911 Harrisonburg and Rockingham County adopted com-

pulsory education law.

1908— March— Elkton incorporated,

—1909—June Great Dunker Annual Meeting at Harrisonburg.
— —1909 September State Normal School at Harrisonburg

opened.

—1911 Waterman School opened.
—1911 Rockingham Memorial Hospital built,
—1911 L, J, Heatwole publishes his perpetual calendar.
—1911 Rockingham Daily Record established,
—1912 Legislature changes the name of Shendun to Grottoes.

1912—State Sunday-School convention held in Harrisonburg.
1912—E. U. Hoenshel publishes the "Crimson Trail."
   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23